Operation Drain the Swamp
By Adam Andrzejewski
President Trump has said over and over that he wants to "drain the swamp." But is it a swamp or an ocean? It’s about time the American people had some hard facts regarding the federal bureaucracy. In Adam Andrzejewski
’s Operation Drain the Swamp
, he exposes who receives how much, where they work, and what they do. Most importantly, he reveals how much these bureaucrats cost the American taxpayer.
CALL 516-735-5468 or e-mail Sandy to schedule interviews with Adam Andrzejewski.
In Operation Drain the Swamp, you’ll learn that:
- In the swamp, six figure salaries are the norm; there are 78 agencies where the average salary is $100,000 or more;
- Federal bureaucrats are paid $1.1 million every minute, $65.6 million every hour, and over half a billion dollars per day;
- In 2016, there were more than 330,000 disclosed federal bonuses paid;
- There are more than 35,000 lawyers in the administrative state. The army of lawyers in the employ of the federal government assures that no aspect of American life is untouched by the swamp’s appendages;
- The VA is offering anything but care for our great vets. While veterans were suffering at the hands of a broken bureaucratic machine, the VA doled out tens of thousands of undeserved performance bonuses: $150 million per year;
- From 2015 to 2016 the VA made 20,711 new hires, but just 2,091 were doctors, continuing the historical 10:1 doctor to non-doctor employee hiring ratio;
- In 2016, the VA employed 3,498 police officers at a total cost of $172 million - all names and locations of these officers, however, were redacted;
- The average physician at the VA makes around $205,000 a year, meaning the VA could employ 840 doctors instead of 3,498 police officers;
- ...and so much more!
In America today, "the swamp" is a real thing: a permanent government within our government that will outlast this administration and the next one and the one after that. It has a massive architecture that can be measured. It is composed of tens of thousands of individuals and lobbyists - many of whom operate well outside the confines of Washington, D.C.
During the 2016 presidential election, the supporters of Donald Trump on the right - and even those supporting Bernie Sanders on the left - felt that the "system was rigged" for insiders. Now, Adam highlights the facts and stories to prove it. In Operation Drain the Swamp, he offers a step-by-step guide to civil service reforms.
About the Author: Adam Andrzejewski
is the CEO/founder of OpenTheBooks.com, the largest private repository of U.S. public-sector spending. Adam’s works have been featured on Good Morning America, ABC World News Tonight, the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, FOX News, Forbes, CNN, Chicago Tribune, Real Clear Politics, and more.